Detailed descriptions of each studied cranium are long and tiresome.
I have drawn Simpson’s ratio diagrams for each cranium and observed that, fortunately, most caballine crania fall approximately into one of the following groups.
1. Horse from Jaurens : on the diagram the largest (relative to E. hemionus onager) value is the muzzle width (measure n°17).
2. Horse from Siréjol : the largest values are the Vomer-Basion lenth (n°4), the palatal length (n°2-5), and the muzzle width (n°17).
3. Horse from Valdichiana : the largest values are the Vomer-Basion lenth (n°4), and the muzzle width (n°5).
4. Horse from Voijn : The largest value is the palatal length (n°2-5).
5. Horse from Kotelny : Largest values are palatal length (n°2-5), and least muzzle breadth (n°17bis).
6. Horse from Avenches : the latrgest value is the Vomer-Basion lenth (n°4).
In the Cranial morphs Table are listed crania that can be assigned to each of these groups.
titre documents joints
Cranial morphs Table
Simpson’s diagrams of caballine crania
Articles by this author
en Equidae monodactyles Caballins ?
Site powered by SPIP 3.2.2 + AHUNTSIC